Thursday, March 20, 2008

Once you go tarck, you never go barck. (Which has nothing to do , at all, with the man who would be prez.)

See this before it's gone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarck_bike

I'm so frickin stoked. Hopworks Urban Brewery is finally getting their shit together and getting the doors open. Initially, I was just stoked because bicycle-themed (themed is not the right word. Oriented? Centric?) brewpubs
only come along every once in a great while (like, never), and the IPA they have been sending out, although not utterly fantastical, is pretty damn good. Now I'm REALLY stoked because I just found out that the HUB's new pizza chef used to run Lanesplitters down in the Oakland/Berkeley interface. Again, not the most fantastical pizza in the world (although, a lot of people swear it's the best), but pretty frickin goddammned good. I guess it's less about the pizza, and more about the great memories that I have of Lanesplitters. Anyway, I'm happy that dude's here, and will be proving it by wheeling The Lads in for a pint and a slice someday very soon.

No comments: