I finally bought a six of Pike Brewing Co. Kilt Lifter last night. I've been looking at it for like, ever. But it's ten bucks, and ten bucks buys a piss-ton of Oly tallboys. It was friday, the weather has been continuously killer for some weeks, and I've been feeling a bit springy. Plus, Wifey has been pulling some high-dollar wait shifts at the 2-Pok, and though we're still, financially speaking, totally fucked, I figured it was time to take the plunge.
I had The Lads with me, which makes a simple run to the Beer Store a little bit complicated. It goes like this: Feed, change, dress, and load pissed-off little guys into trailer. Ride to store. Realize I forgot lock. And wallet. Ride back home and then back to store. Lock Colnago kid hauler to railing, undo trailer and try to push it into store. Get too-wide wheels stuck in doorway. Nice Chinese Beer Store man in filthy coat helps get trailer/lads inside.
Look at Oly. Figure, fuck it, I'ma buy that beer I been looking at. Reverse process.
Kilt lifter tastes pretty good. Real malty. I drank four of them and fell asleep at 8:15. Woke up lousy. All dry-mouthed and shaky. Avoid.
Fuck all the "hints of tobacco, citrus, and earth". From now on I'm rating beers by hangover factor-- And they get a pass or fail.
I'm gonna get roto-rootered next week. I fully expect them to find Smurfs living up in my gut.
Two grand to let some jerk in a smock rape me with 6 feet of fiber optic cable. Getting old fucking sucks.
Saturday, March 8, 2008
- ► 2009 (95)
- Apparently, the senator from Illinois can't roll f...
- The Pok, The Little Red Pill, and a Story of Homec...
- This has been looong overdue. http://www.pdxfixed...
- Just got off the phone with my old pal 43. Big cha...
- I keep forgetting that there are kids just killing...
- Bless those dirty, dirty, bmx kids.
- Once you go tarck, you never go barck. (Which has ...
- So, the worst part was really the not eating for 2...
- CAESAR. I could be well moved, if I were as you; I...
- The River Potudan
- Farrar, Hydroplane, F-Bomb.
- I Never Understood My Failings Then, and I Hide My...
- She Don't Look too Good.
- moonwalking bear looks out for cyclists, while pop...
- Another Portland Sunday
- Kilt Lifter, and the Upcoming Colonoscopy
- This is a Promise, With a Catch.
- Olde timey chicks turn me on.
- Sam Adams
- "Motherfucking Pizza Tonight!"
- ▼ March (22)