Monday, November 17, 2008

"When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child: But when I became a man, I put away childish things."
Corinthians 13:11


Wifey's turning 40 next month. I swore to god that I'd never be married, let alone to someone so old.

Part the First
--------------------------------------------------
I didn't come home
I drank tequila, stole a bird's nest and
lived on chips and beer

I teased young girls in the bar
wore a red
t-shirt and let my tongue loose of its moor

There are reasons for all of this but I can't tell you why
because a man at my age has no call to explain himself and if you push me
I will fight

I got laid in a loud car and dropped my empty cigarette pack
on the ground

I have never had kids or paid my bills. Say it again and
you'll have
to defend yourself

I still want to know about that little redhead
with the bluebird
tattoo in the crotch of her hand

I spent all day at the laundromat and I feel awful. I don't know if
I'm going to last

My friends are dead.
My friends are dead.
-----------------------------------------

Part the Second


Cargo, bitches.

Photobucket

1 comment:

reverend dick said...

That 2nd part is real pretty.