Monday, October 19, 2009

This Weekend

I know that I'm always saying that I'm going to post here more. To like, entertain you, and stuff.

Well, Duffman says a lot of things.

Ooooooh, yeeaahhhh.


I'll just re-cap the weekend.

Saturday, it rained. Sheets of it. I went on the N.O.I.S.E. ride. I don't know what that stands for. I do know that it's been going on for some years and is top-secret underground. So underground, in fact, that I had to find out about it on the internet.

Photobucket

This thing was Fun Times. We played Buzkashi in the rain. There weren't any dead goats. I imagine that a couple of the players might have been vegan. On second thought, they mostly looked like they would eat anything. Anyway, the goat thing was a garbage bag full of leaves. Everybody got wet and crashed and yelled. It was so fucking awesome.

Photobucket

Then we poached a park. The one right outside my front door. I was cold and tired, so I watched, drank somebody's beers, and then went home.

Photobucket

I had to get downtown to pick up my wristband for the Scion Garage Fest. The rest of my day was devoted to this. I rolled with my buddy DK. We drank a lot. Took breaks between shows to talk about books and fatherhood, and then dove back in.

Apparently, I showed up at my restaurant just about closing and tried to fight the whole kitchen. They declined.

Below is a picture of The King Khan & BBQ Show. I took it with my camera in order to document the fact that for a good 20 minutes prior, a cute girl with a pointy nose and a black bob was rubbing her boobs on my arm and sort of accidentally touching me in a provocative nature. I liked it.

Photobucket

The next morning there was hungover cyclocross racing.

Photobucket

I am such an amazing super-stud.

(Pic from BG's flickr)



In this picture, you might find my Lads, my Wife, Sean "Handsome" Bob, Sufferin' Tong, Smokey, MaxIsNow, and Cody "Rolls in Horse-shit" the Dog.

Photobucket

I mean, this was some race. It hurt so bad and was perfect. All pony trails and sun and big dramatic clouds. Kids and dogs and beer. So much yelling and smiling. So much love from our tent, to all the other tents, and to all the riders. Our bells to you. Our pain to you.

Thank you strange women shouting "Go! Greenbike GO!" Thank you Dads with daughters on shoulders.

This is a perfect time.

3 comments:

Gunnar Berg said...

THis is a good post.

reverend dick said...

word.


And, plus Wifey has the nice taste in manly footwear.

grimm said...

Bummed is bitched out on the NOISE ride. Cross was epic though.