Monday, January 25, 2010

It's been a rough couple of weeks. Yesterday and today were hard. We thought we had a new place nailed down, and it fell through.

I was already painting the trim and firing up the smoker in the backyard. Oh well.

Today, young Silas woke us up by laying in the middle of the living room and crying out "My body hurts".

He's been nothing but puke and the other thing all day. Around five, he was looking pretty glassy and I realized he wasn't holding down any liquid at all, so I took him to the doctor. Our family doctor. She looked me right in the face and said "He needs to go to the emergency room".

I said fuck it. We'll do it farmer-style. I got her to give me a scrip for some butt pills for the little dude, and I've been giving him 5cc of pedia-lite, every five minutes for the last 4 hours. He's keeping it down. Sleeping and looking bright-eyed when I wake him up for his "sip".

Wish us luck.

3 comments:

reverend dick said...

Thinkin bout y'all. Sounds like he is on the mend.

Gunnar Berg said...

I hope all turns better soon.

oldschooly said...

Awwe, poor little dude. I wish Silas well and hope you guys get some sleep soon.